Friday, April 15, 2011

Public Apology for Last Week's Post

Dear Friends; Thank you for the comments last week regarding The Forgiven Things. In the spirit of Easter and the greatest extention of forgiveness the world has ever seen, the meaning behind what it takes to exact that was on my heart, especially when we reconcile with those who have offended. I recounted the events of a story which, in hindsight and with the help of honest friends who hold me accountable to principles some would be afraid to, I may have unwittingly exposed too many details and left someone feeling, to quote a reader, "unclothed in the marketplace". Taking that to heart, I have deleted last week's post and replaced it with this apology. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. In fact, if it had been my agenda, it would have made everything I said about forgiveness a total lie. Friends, everyone screws up just like I opened last week's article with. It doesn't matter how I got here, it just matters what I need to do about it. _____, I am sorry. I hope in some way, this public apology provides amends if I inadvertently made you feel robbed of your dignity. I sorrow over your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment